Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dreamworks!

Lately, I love Dreamworks Animation.
My friends are all really big fans of the old Disney movies, but comparitivly, I just think that lately Dreamworks is so much better! Even if they're from books, i think that the storylines are so origanal! And the special effects are amazing. I really like the CGI.

The main reason I've come to think of this is beacausof two particuar movies.

How to Train your Dragon was my favorite movie ever! I saw the end of it on a display TV when I went shopping with my mom at "Sam's Club". We went out and bought it right afterwards. I love it so much! I even added designs to a hat to make it into "Toothless". (It's in a post on here about Summer) I drew tons of pictures, and I just LOVED it. I was obsessed for ages.

Then, this past Saturday, I saw "Megamind". Oddly enough, I also saw this one on a display TV at "Sam's Club". I didn't see the ending or beginning, but I saw a huge chunk out of the middle. Tons of it. We went out and rented it that day, and watched it as well. Since i had seen most of it already at the store, it didn't have a huge affect on me, like HtTyD did. I watched it by myself on the computer later that day, and I really loved it. It just grew on me, really fast. On Monday (It was due on Sunday, but we kept it too long...) I watched it again. I watched it with the comentary (Which was hilarioius. I was stunned at how short the movie seemed with it.) and I really liked it. My mom had to take it back that night on her way out, but I managed to watch it half-way through again before she did.
I just love it! I have lots and lots of art work I've done of the charecters.....It's still in my sketchbook.

So after these two movies, I'm thinking I'd like to work for Dreamworks. It would be great if I could make someone feel happy through a creation like those. I think if I worked there, I'd be a storyboard artist, since the graphic element doesn't really seem my type of thing. (Actually, It sounds great, but I don't know how to do that sort of thing...) I'm not sure if story board art fits me either, but it's the only thing I can think of that I think I'd be good at. I just really think working for Dreamworks would be awesome!

Also, the logo of Dreamworks is SO CUTE!
I just think the music and the little animation is just so adorable. Plus, the name, dreamworks just sounds so....Dreamy!

Also, my dad took me out to see "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" a couple days ago. It was rated PG13, but I'm the kind of girl who pretty much watches cartoons and, well, basically PG rated movie (And Harry Potter) most of the time. So this movie was totally terifying for me! I cried for half and hour after I watched it. I just thought it was horrible! I have a couple of friends who like (or LOVE) scary movies, and so my problem probably seemed really weird to them, but I was really upset by it. And when we were driving home from the theater, I just really wanted to watch "Megamind". Animated movies just help me to feel better sometimes. Like this one time where I was sick and cranky, watching "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genious" made me feel so much better!

So, basically, I really like animated movies, and I think it's a nice idea to work for Dreamworks when I grow up.

The End.

"How to Train your Dragon" and "Megamind" (c) Dreamworks.
"Jimmy Neutron" (c) Nickelodeon
"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" (c) Rupert Wyatt (He's the Director, so....)

No comments:

Post a Comment