Sunday, November 20, 2011

Accidentally stupid.

So Brooke, what stupid thing did you do today?
Well, Brooke, I stuck my hair in hot melted wax, if that counts.

YES. My mom and I were waxing leaves (To preserve them for decoration) and when I reach over to set one to dry, my hair fell in our bowl of hot melted wax. And i stood up and it dripped all down my shirt and skirt. We ended up sticking my hair in boiling hot water, then toweling it off. It still feels a little waxy though.

On the brigther side, I had an awesome weekend.
My mum and I went shopping (Always a treat) and got piano music, make-up, and art supplies. We had a lot of fun, and I also had a piano recital.

Everyone played, from the older, more advanced kids, to a 3 year old, who is just beggining. I messed up a couple times, but I felt really good. :) I played 'Think of me' from 'Phantom of the Opera' ((c) Andrew Lloyd Webber) and 'Cristofori's Dream' by David Lans. The second is my favorite piece and I memorized it. It was great. :)

All the youth in our Church stake had a service project, throwing a party for members of the special olympics. It was really fun and I met some really cool people. There was one guy who absolutely loved to dance and gave everyone hugs. :)

I also made my first fleece(And felt) hat. It fits really well, is comfy, and I think it's pretty cute. It's a cat. I think it's pretty good for my first time-the ears are way to big, however, and one is really....weird, and the seem isn't centered on the front, BUT I LIKE IT ANYWAY.
So, farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment