Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Faith County

Tonight I saw my school's production of the play 'Faith County'. It's a REALLY hilarious play. I had read it in theater class and auditioned for it, but didn't make it. It's about a bunch of country people at a county fair. Somebody dies, people get married, it's a real knee-slapper. My favorite part was when the town....well, she's really loose, is confronting this guy (who was played by one of my friends) about marrying her. (She's totally in love with him and he doesn't really care about her) She gets so angry at him that she pushes him onto the table and shakes him. He's all curled up into a little ball, looking frightened, and it's hilarious. This girl also cuts her bridal dress up....really short. There's a lot of bad poetry done by her as well, and some bad singing too. The town idiot, Bubba, (also played by one of my friends) its conducting the wedding....wearing one of those long black robes....but no pants under it. You can totally see his boxers, or swim trunks or whatever they are. a whole bunch of people were cast as vendors and townsfolk, and they were to sell popcorn and cotton candy (Not at the showing I was at, it was a dress rehearsal) and at the beggining they did a big song and dance number.
The play was really cute. :D

Afterwards my mother and I went to the grocery store.
I like grocery stores.
We are leaving for Florida tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment